How do you prevent Asthma from allergies?
It is very important to take special measures for the prevention of asthma and allergies. Asthma attacks (exacerbation of symptoms) can be caused by allergies, which temporarily increase inflammation in the respiratory tract of a sensitive organism. If you avoid contact with a substance that is allergic to you, you can prevent asthma attacks.
Prevention of Asthma from Allergies
In this article, we’ll discuss various factors that accelerate asthma symptoms and ways to prevent them.
Here are some tips to help you avoid the most common asthma triggers at home.
Prevention of dust mites
For the prevention of asthma and allergies, if you are allergic to dust mites, try the following:
- Pack the pillows, mattresses and spring bed grid into hypoallergenic covers with zippers.
- Once a week, wash the bed linen in hot water.
- Do not allow smoking in your home.
- When cleaning, vacuuming or painting, wear gloves and a face mask – so dust and chemical odors will less affect the mucosa.
- Vacuum twice a week.
- It is better to get rid of rugs to reduce the amount of dust and humidity. If this can not be done, then they should be washable.
- If possible, the flooring should be of solid wood, but not with carpet. If you can not get rid of the carpet, then you need to choose the material with the smallest nap.
- Try to avoid dust collectors – Venetian dark curtains and long draperies. Replace the old curtains with blinds or simple curtains.
Best of all – the lack of carpets. If you can not get rid of the carpet, try to vacuum more often using multi-layer hypoallergenic dust bags. When vacuuming, wear a face mask. If your child has asthma, then try not to vacuum in his presence. The stores sell the means that destroy the dust mite.
- Better avoid curtains and draperies. Multiple drapes and flounces should be replaced by simple curtains. Wash them in hot water every 2-4 weeks.
- As often as possible, wipe all the surfaces in the house with a damp cloth, including lamps and window sills.
- Keep the house in order. Toys and books should be stored in closets, drawers or pantries.
- Replace traditional soft toys with washable.
- All clothing should be stored in cabinets. Cabinets should always be closed.
- Ventilated holes should be covered with filters or gauze. As they become dirty, they need to be changed.
- In pillows and mattresses should not contain fluff.
- Try to control the humidity level (25% -50%) in the house. Use air dehumidifiers.
- Regularly change the filters in the heaters and air conditioners.
Mold and fungi
If you have asthma and an allergy to mold, then try the following:
- Often ventilate the wet areas. Use a dehumidifier to maintain the moisture content of no more than 25% -50%.
- Whenever possible, use air conditioners.
- Regularly clean in the bathroom using cleaners that prevent the appearance of mold and fungus. Use a steam extractor. Never carpet the bathroom.
- Do not keep flowers in the bathroom.
- Avoid sources of an external mold such as wet leaves or garden remains.
Remove visible mold with a solution containing 5% bleach and a small amount of detergent.
- Washable curtains and tiles in the bathroom need to be cleaned with a solution of the product that kills mold and fungus.
- Avoid rooms where mold can be collected, including basements, garages, cellars, sheds and compost piles. Let someone else do their cleaning.
- Before putting clothes and shoes (in the house) in the closet, carefully dry it (if it is wet).
- In time, take out wet clothes from the washing machine. Do not leave wet clothes in the car, as this promotes rapid growth of mold.
- Do not plant a large number of domestic plants, since the soil is the source of mold and fungus.
- In the house, it is better not to store firewood.
- Try to avoid the work associated with raking leaves, hay or mulch (if you have an allergy to mold).
To continue reading, click on the page buttons below…
[nextpage title=”Prevention of Asthma from Insects and Pollen”]
Very often in houses and apartments, there are cockroaches and other insects. Some people suffering from asthma may have an allergy to the protein contained in the products of the life of insects. To control the presence of an allergen at home:
- Use the traps for cockroaches.
- You can use aerosols from insects. But it’s worth splashing only when no one is home. Make sure that after a sprinkling, the room or apartment is ventilated a few hours before your arrival or arrival of your child.
- Since cockroaches live in high humidity, so try to clean the leftovers in the apartment, especially in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Store the products in containers with a lid, wipe the plates before eating and sweep the floor after eating (so that no crumbs remain).
Pollen are tiny egg-shaped cells of flowering plants. It is difficult to get rid of pollen, it can not be removed from the air. In plants, periods of flowering are different, which can vary from year to year. The weather affects the amount of pollen in the air. For example, hot, dry and windy weather only increases the amount of pollen. In general, the flowering season lasts from February to October.
You can reduce contact with pollen as follows:
- During the rapid formation of pollen, for example, early in the morning, it is worthwhile to limit the time on the street.
- Stay at home on wet and windy days, when there is a lot of pollen in the air.
- In the flowering period, keep the windows in the house closed.
- If possible, use the air conditioner.
- Try to walk less in parks and gardens.
- Follow the weather forecast. In hot, dry, windy weather it is better to stay at home.
- If possible, stay at home from 5 to 10 am, as pollen at this time is especially large.
- Wear a mask (for example, an inexpensive mask or respirator that is used in construction) during the mowing of the lawn, if you are allergic to pollen grass or mold. If possible, do not mow the lawn and avoid places with freshly mown grass.
- While working in the garden, wear a mask, as pollen and other seeds can exacerbate the symptoms of asthma.
After the street take a shower. Wash your head and change your street clothes to your home, as the pollen can remain on your clothes and in your hair.
- Try not to dry clothes and do not iron on the street, as pollen and mold spores can gather on the laundry and then cause an exacerbation of allergy and asthma symptoms.
Another couple of tips on street activities
- Try to avoid sudden temperature changes – they cause exacerbation of asthma symptoms in some people.
- To protect against insect bites, wear closed shoes, long pants, and long-sleeved clothes. Do not use deodorants, perfumes or hair styling products with a strong persistent odor.
Wool of animals
If you are allergic to pets, experts offer these tips:
- If you or your child is allergic to pets, the best thing is not to keep them in the house.
- It is necessary to avoid long visits to friends or relatives who have pets. If you still come to visit, then do not forget to bring medications for asthma or allergies. During a visit, contact with the animal should be minimized.
- If the presence of a dog or cat in the house is necessary, then limit its territory of residence. A pet should not enter your bedroom or child. If possible, the animal should live on the street.
- Every week, wash your pet.
- Remove all carpeting, if possible. Animal wool remains in the carpet even after the animal has not become in the house.
To continue reading, click on the page buttons below…
[nextpage title=”Asthma prevention in the car, hotel, restaurants and in School”]
Asthma prevention in the car
For the prevention of asthma while in the car, try to adhere to the following:
- Close the windows in the car and use the air conditioner to circulate air.
- Do not allow smoking in the car.
In hotel and during travel
In order to avoid exacerbation of symptoms during a trip, use these tips:
- All medical products that you use, pack it in a hand luggage.
- Bring an additional bronchodilator and inhalers.
- Book a room for non-smokers.
- Ask to change the feather pillows to synthetic hypoallergenic or carry your own pillow or pillowcase.
- If possible, do not open the air vents of the air conditioner.
With food allergies, it is better to follow such rules:
- With food allergies, try to avoid food that causes an exacerbation of allergy symptoms. For this, carefully read the composition of the products and be interested in how this or that dish is prepared. It is better to give preference to fresh products than canned or processed. If acute asthma attacks or anaphylaxis are possible, always carry an injection of epinephrine (epinephrine).
If a child has asthma and an allergy
To prevent the worsening of asthma symptoms and allergies, follow these tips to protect the baby when not at home or at school:
- Report on the health of the child to school staff.
- If the child has a food allergy, talk about it with school cooks and teachers.
- The child should know about his asthma and allergies, and this should be done as soon as possible.
- It is necessary that the child can independently avoid situations that can exacerbate the symptoms, for example, that he does not eat what is the causative agent of the disease. Leave a school medical kit with epinephrine injection and make sure that the school staff (and the child, if he is old enough) knows how to use it correctly.
- Inform the school staff about the methods of asthma treatment that your child needs and leave a set of necessary medications in school.
- Encourage sports, but talk with the coach about the need for certain actions and taking medications before training (this will prevent stress asthma).
If you have a food allergy, try to avoid food allergens. It is very important to carefully read the composition of the products on the label, and if you are not dining at home, then be sure to ask how the dishes are cooked.
You can train your immune system not to react so sharply to allergens. Doctors use this method, making injections of the stimulus (immunotherapy) in the body. The organism is injected into small doses of an allergen, which in a given person causes severe allergies. After repeated injections at regular intervals, the immune system ceases to show an allergic reaction. Ask your doctor about the possibility to undergo an immunotherapy course.https://ayurvedakit.com/disease/bronchial-asthma/prevent-asthma-allergies/https://ayurvedakit.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Prevention-of-Asthma-from-Allergies.jpghttps://ayurvedakit.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Prevention-of-Asthma-from-Allergies-150x150.jpgBronchial AsthmaPrevention of Asthma from AllergiesIt is very important to take special measures for the prevention of asthma and allergies. Asthma attacks (exacerbation of symptoms) can be caused by allergies, which temporarily increase inflammation in the respiratory tract of a sensitive organism. If you avoid contact with a substance that is allergic to you,...Ayurveda [email protected]AdministratorAyurvedaKit.com
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!